Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day!

Ok so I am on break for Thanksgiving Break and I ordered a new lens, the 50mm 1.8. It is a must have lens only 100 bucks and like I said 1.8 aperture! So I shipped it to my house instead of my college house so I was positive it would arrive and it did so I had to take some footage with it. The pictures are very sharp and with the 1.8 aperture you can do some cool stuff with it. My business partner let me down on filming this break so I took it into my own hands and decided to film my sister baking some cookies. Doesn't sounds too exciting and it wasn't to be honest but just a quick interview and some b-roll with this lens makes this video look professional. I highly recommend it and definitely think everyone should have a 50mm lens in their bag for shoots like this. The depth of focus makes the interview look very cool. Check it out...

Emily Baking Cookies from Joe Watts on Vimeo.

Mainly testing out the Canon 50mm 1.8 on my Canon 60D.

Put this video together since I wanted to film something over break.

1 comment:

  1. This does look cool! It actually makes baking cookies look interesting :)

    ReplyDelete