Monday, November 22, 2010

Video Shoot at Fennarios in West Chester

This past weekend I had a shoot upstairs in Fenerios. Fenerios is a small coffee type shop in town right off Gay Street. My friend who I work with at The Digital Media Center asked me to help him out. I figured I would bring my camera, tripod and maybe an external mic. He told me to bring a lot of extra sound equipment. I ended up bringing a lot more than expected. Here is what I brought regarding sound...
9volt mini mixer with 4 channels
xlr cables
3 shot gun mics
xlr to 1/4 adapter
xlr to mini mono
mono to stereo mini adapter
rca to mini stereo

Everything else...
Canon 60D
Kit lens
Libec Tripod

Believe it or not we ended up using all of the equipment and I am glad I ended up bringing all of it. It was a pretty crazy set up.
So what the heck did we shoot?
It was a cypher meaning a couple rappers gathered around taking turns to step up and freestyle rap. There was a lot more people and ended up having 12 rappers going in 3 groups of 4 along with a couple friends to watch and a DJ. We got a 1/4 feed from the DJ into the mixer, shotgun mic into the xlr adapter to 1/4 and output rca to mini into my camera. Pretty crazy set up just to get good audio. Sounded pretty good, I will post a quick shot eventually. They were glad to have us there to film it. When we do projects that do not have a bugdet, I am glad I can leand my skills. I also like to recieve a thank you and almost all of them did and definitely makes me want to work with them again.



Joe
W & W Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment